The health and safety of our employees, offshore and onshore, as well as great concern for the environment, is given first priority in our daily operations. Our policy at Volstad Maritime AS complies with national and international regulations, as well as all relevant industry standards and guidelines.
The company have implemented the International Safety Management Code (ISM), as well as the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS), as well as the International Standard ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004.
The Company’s Management Systems are approved according to requirements made by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and our QHSE procedures complies with all Norwegian requirements
to in-house Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management.
This means that we are committed to:
- Protect the health and safety of our personnel at all times and in every circumstance.
- Eliminate QHSE accidents and events by creating a healthy and safe working place for our employees, customers and contractors.
- Provide a framework for the setting of QHSE goals and performance objectives, and the use of an efficient management system.
- Monitor, evaluate and continually improve our QHSE performance objectives
- Minimize our impact on the environment through pollution prevention and control of emission, as well as reduction and recycling of waste
- Communicate openly with interested parties about our QHSE policy, programs and performance
It is crucial that the QHSE policy and objectives apply equally to our employees, contractors, consultants, clients, suppliers, agents and others that are involved or associated in operations and activities for or on behalf of our company. We believe that our QHSE policy will contribute in a positive matter to the life of our employees, the efficiency of all of our operations, the safety of the public, the safeguarding of the environment and to the future business success of
Volstad Maritime has in 2007/08 updated and integrated our management system according to the requirements of the international standards ISO 14001 Environmental Management and ISO 9001 Quality Management.